Rooting is the way to obtain SuperSU Right on Poco M5 in simple taking full control over the device. Rooting allow some advance functionality on a Rooted Phone like custom ROM & custom kernel Installation, system tweaking etc. to Root Poco M5 First You need to unlock it’s bootloader after that You can Root it by using the Magisk.
Poco M5 Run on Mediatek helio G99 SoC along with Android 12 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The device come with 6.5 Inch IPS display with the Resolution of 1080 X 2408 Pixels.
Advantage of Rooting on Poco M5:
- it allow system access
- Rooting Allow system Modification
- Rooting allow custom ROM Installation
- it allow custom Recovery like twrp Installation
- Kernel tweaking & custom Kernel Installation
disadvantage of Rooting the Poco M5:
- it will void your device warranty
- New user May brick their Phone due to lack of Knowledge
Note: first unlock bootloader using official unlock tool or MTK Client
How to Root Poco M5:
Collect Stock boot.img:
- we download Poco M5 firmware (from web or Manufacture or make dump using mtkclient), for better results use same boot.img image from Installed Firmware
- we Move boot.img file from firmware folder to Phone
- Download & Install Magisk Manager on your Phone
- Run Magisk Manager & click Install/ from the Option uncheck recovery mod, & Click next
- under Method Select patch a file
- Navigate the stock boot.img
- once done, Patched boot.img file Placed in ‘Download’ folder of the Phone Storage
Prepare Your Phone & computer:
- on Phone enable oem unlock and usb debugging from developers options
- on computer Download & Setup Platform tools
- Move Patched_boot.img file from Phone/download-folder/ to computer/Platform-tools folder/
- Now Install adb fastboot driver on computer
- Reboot Phone bootloader (Press Volume- + Power key) and connect it to computer by using the usb cable
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot erase userdata
flash Root files by sending below code:
fastboot flash boot 'correct patched file name here'
if the device support slot we flash it on both slot
fastboot flash boot_ab patched_boot.img
Your Phone successfully Rooted.