Download twrp & Root htc u Play:
twrp Recovery Now available for the htc u Play user Who own htc u Play can Root it using the Below Instructions. The Recovery is Flashable via fastboot Method & You can do it by Following the Below Instructions.
Now First of All We have To Install a Custom Recovery to Root htc u Play. So In the Primary Step You need to unlock it’s bootloader and after that You Can install Custom Recovery on htc u Play. and then You Can Root it by Flashing Magisk.zip.
htc u Play Come with 5.2 Inch LCD Display With the Resolution of 1080 X 1920 Pixels. it Run on Mediatek MT6755 Soc along With the Android 7.0. The Device Come With 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of Storage.
- Rooting May Void Your Device Warranty.So Make a Backup of Your Data and ROM.
- In Some cases Rooting Cause bootloop So Do at own Risk.
- Make Sure your Phone at-least 50% Charge to Prevent accidental Shut Down During The Rooting process.
How to unlock Bootloader on htc u Play:
- Follow this Guide https://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
How to Install twrp Recovery on htc u Play:
- Download & Setup Platform tools from above.
- Download and Extract recovery.img [Must Rename recovery.img] file In the Platform tools Folder.
- Then Connect Phone to PC using the usb cable.
- Now open CMD in the Platform tools Folder and type below Code
find recovery partition:
Reboot to bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
Check Device by Sending below Command:
boot to recovery by Sending below Command:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Push Recovery Image to phone
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp
Set permission for recovery image
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
Backup Current Recovery Image (in case you want to go back or failed)
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p39 of=/sdcard/backup.img
Copy recovery to block
adb shell dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p39
How to Root htc u Play:
- Download Magisk 18.1.zip and Move it to Device Storage.
- Now Switch off Phone and together Press Volume Up and Power button it Will boot your Phone in twrp.
- In the twrp Click on backup Button Select Require Partition and Swipe Slider to Create a nandroid backup.
- Click on Install Button and Locate Downloaded Magisk 18.1.zip File and Then Swipe Slider to Install it.
- again Click on Install and then Locate No Verity opt encrypt.zip and Swipe Slider to Install it.
- Done/ then Reboot System Now. Your Phone Successfully Rooted. Have any Question leave a Comment We will happy to help You..